To access the Spam Filtering options and features you will need to log into your Administrative Control Panel.
- Click or Tap Filtering.
Preferences and Options available:
Accept e-mail from:
- Everyone, Whitelist & Address book: This is the default option and lets all messages reach your Inbox
- Whitelist & Address book: This option only allows messages present in your Whitelist & Address book to reach your Inbox
Spam delivery: this controls what happens to messages which are identified as Spam
- Quarantine Messages: Places the Spam messages in the Spam folder
- Deliver to Inbox: Delivers the Spam messages to the Inbox
- Delete: Deletes the Spam messages
Filter sensitivity: The filtering system can be adjusted on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the most restrictive while 1 is the most permissive. We find that the default setting of Regular Sensitivity is just right for most users.
Keep Spam for: How many days to keep the Spam messages in your Spam folder
Send Spam E-mail Report every: This defines how often you wish to receive in your Inbox the summary of Spam messages trapped over the past few hours